Welcome to South Metro Land Conservancy!
South Metro Land Conservancy is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to the protection of open space in Arapahoe County, Colorado. We believe preserving our natural heritage and our quality of life within the urban landscape as well as in remote areas goes hand-in-hand with responsible development. We strive to collaborate and educate on the importance of open space needs and values.
SMLC works in partnership with local governments, other land conservation groups like Colorado Open Lands, and the public to preserve open space in our community.
To learn more about SMLC, click here or one on of the topics below.
South Suburban Parks and Recreation Board Election
The South Suburban Parks and Recreation District will hold an election for its board of directors on Tuesday, May 8, 2018.
SMLC asked the candidates to share their thoughts on issues involving the protection of open space in our community. To read their responses, please click here.
The Stampede! for Open Space is SMLC's annual educational, fundraising and fun event. The Stampede! is held in South Platte Park each August as part of Littleton's Western Welcome Week. Click here for more info!
• South Suburban board of directors candidates share their thoughts about open space
• SMLC partners with GOCO on the Generation Wild initiative
• Grayce Kramlich Memorial Fund
• SLMC joins effort to protect Platte River water flows from the impact of the Chatfield reallocation
• SMLC transfers conservation easements to Colorado Open Lands
• Pat Cronenberg joins SMLC board
South Metro Land Conservancy | PO Box 456 Littleton CO 80120 | email@example.com